One of the first streamlined passenger trains after World War II ran none other than in the Queen City. In 1947, The Cincinnatian began services on the B&O Railroad transporting people between Cincinnati and Baltimore, and later, Cincinnati and Detroit. This high-speed, luxury train traveled at a whopping 36mph; the journey averaging around 12 hours one way.

These state-of-the-art iron horses were a sleek blue and grey paint scheme and featured new commodities such as air conditioning and reclining seats. A pair of five-car trains were built for The Cincinnatian, each with a lounge, three coaches with a 176 passenger capacity, an observation car, dining room, and stainless steel kitchen.  What made this train even more special was that each of the railcars were named after one of Cincinnati's neighborhoods:

The Hyde Park and Eden Park cars housed the lounge, buffet, air conditioning equipment, and the bathrooms.

The six passenger coach cars paid homage to Walnut Hills, College Hill, Winton Place, Indian Hill, Oakley, and Norwood. Later, replacement cars that were created were named Price Hill and Avondale.

The observation cars were named Fountain Square and Peebles Corner.

The Cincinnatian stopped operating in 1971 after Amtrak began service. The railcars have since been used for scrap with only a few images preserving their legacy.